- Each child should have a small bag containing a complete set of clothing labeled with their name, including underpants and socks. All extra clothes are stored in each child’s cubby in the foyer for easy access.
- Indoor shoes are required for all children; these could be slippers or some other form of comfortable footwear and should be left at ICCC each day.
- Parents should provide comfortable clothes and shoes for outside play and activities – especially running, jumping and climbing (no flip flops or slippery shoes).
- For children still in diapers parents should provide a sufficient supply of diapers and wipes each week.
- During colder months, children should have appropriate outdoor clothing, including warm and waterproof shoes/boots, jackets and pants. Hats and mittens/gloves are essential during winter.
Each day, ICCC provides a healthy mid-morning and afternoon snack. If your child has or develops any food allergies please inform the staff immediately.
ICCC arranges a healthy catered lunch from a local licenced provider for all interested children (please see the Membership Fee Information section for details on the cost). The lunch includes a variety of vegetable cream or meat soups, salads and main courses – check our weekly menu. Parents can send hot or cold lunch each day if their child has special dietary requirements.
Parents should inform ICCC of any planned absence in advance. For unplanned absences or illness, please inform the office by telephone or email as early as you can.
Caregivers and others
We understand children may have caregivers other than their parents. If your child will be dropped off or picked up by another caregiver, please introduce this person to the office and we will add their name to your child’s file.
If your child is being picked up by another parent please enter the information in the daily log book or inform the class teacher.
Toys from home
We ask parents not to bring toys and similar belongings to school. They are often the cause of arguments and fights as most children are not prepared to share their toy, and they may get lost or broken.
The last Friday of each month is toy sharing day and children are welcome to bring a toy to share.
We are happy to celebrate each child’s birthday at ICCC. Parents are welcome to bring cupcakes or birthday cake to share with their child’s group at snack time (please ask the shop to provide the certificate, required by the health authorities).
We request that parents do not provide additional candy/sweets or gift bags on the occasion of their child’s birthday to avoid eating unhealthy food at school. Instead, the birthday child can donate a book to the school library to mark their birthday if they wish, with a suitable inscription inside. We do not allow outside entertainment (clowns, puppets, etc.) for birthdays. We organize a birthday celebration during class time when we sing songs, dance, and play games.
Outings and field trips
ICCC organizes outings and field trips to enrich children’s learning. Parents may be asked to volunteer as additional supervisors of such trips. Prior to any outings, we will ask you to complete and sign a permission slip.
Sample outings include theatre, museum, fire brigade, dentist clinic, bakery, zoo, horse or animal farm.